Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hilarious!

Take a look at this King of the Hill Episode. Sad to say but so much of this is so true and a statement about folks and "God sending them to another church." Whether it's the music (hymns vs. praise), the pastor's tone or the 100 year old oak they cut down to make room for new parking - people get their shorts in a wad and move churches and then blame it all on God.

I actually have dealt with a few mega churches in the past (planning events). Actually rode in a parking lot tram to the sanctuary! One group I worked with called their pastor the "executive" is hushed tones. This pastor actually had an entourage! Oh well. We Christians (American especially) have a long way to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtI2pa2m5cg

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your writing voice, and i hope you and your family are ok after katrina.
L.T.

Oakville, canada

Brent Dix said...

Anonymous - Thanks for your visit to my blog. We are in west central Louisiana and did not receive much of the katrina damage. Rita got us but we had minimal damage. We are praying for a huricane free summer for the whole gulf coast this year.

Brent

Brent Dix said...

Hey Kim! Great to hear from you. Send your email address to me at halberts@cebridge.net
Dee and I are going on 21 years and our daughter is now 17 and going to be senior next year. Our son is 16 and is working on staff at Tall Timbers Baptist Center in Woodworth this summer.
We are doing great and I will write more when I get your email address.
Have a great day.
Brent