Monday, September 04, 2006

Still Alive!

I’ve been away from blog-land for some time now. The nursery is taking up a lot of my time and I am preaching in view of a call with a church here in Alexandria for the entire month of September. I will be a bi-vocational pastor and both the church and I felt it would be a good idea to “get to know each other’ before we proceed. I am excited and have preached two services so far. They seem to be a great group of people I am excited about the possibilities ahead of me.

I returned from my Asia trip really pumped and excited. I will be taking a group of university students back to Asia next July (07) to work on a couple campuses there. I am limited on what I can say about the trip so I can only say it went really, really, really well! I worked with my friends Y & S and enjoyed their fellowship.

I've been "book" tagged by Ken Sorrell. Ken is a gifted teacher and was one of our leaders in Mexico. He writes a blog dealing with missiological issues and you can check it out here.

Here is my list.

1. One book that changed your life: The Tower Treasure by Franklin W Dixon (My first read and the first of the The Hardy Boy’s Adventure Series) OK, a little corny but true – it introduced me to reading as a boy and I have not stopped since.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Night by Elie Wiesel
3. One book I’d want on a desert island: "Don’t Waste Your Life", John Piper.
4. One book that made me laugh: Any Calvin and Hobbes comic book
5. One book that made me cry: Cry? Who me?
6. One book that you wish you had written: The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
7. One book you wish had never been written: Leadership by Rudolph Giuliani – A waste of good reading time.
8. One book that you are currently reading: Brothers, We are NOT Professionals by John Piper (Reading all of Piper’s stuff in September.)
9. One book that you’ve been meaning to read: The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.

1 comment:

greta lynn hernandez said...

Night by Elie Wiesel...absolutely one of the best, yet most painful, books I've read. Didn't think about it for my list, but what an impact it had on me!