Saturday, February 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Dee and Kristina!

February 24 is a special day in my life. On this date in 1922 my father was born in New York City to immigrant parents. My father passed away in 1983 and it was on the day of his funeral that I decided it was time to do more with my life. So I decided to quit my job and get out of New Orleans and get an education.

With the help of my pastor, Tom Murphy, and the prayers of many I was accepted into Louisiana College.

It was there in January 1985 that I met my wife Dee on a blind date. We fell in love and were married in August 1985. Dee’s birthday is on February 24. A coincidence? At first I thought so.

But then in 1989 we were blessed with a beautiful daughter, Kristina. She too was born on – February 24.

When my father died I felt like I was left alone in this world but looking back I now know that God had different plans.

In a review of Squire Rushnell’s book, When God Winks at You: How God Speaks Directly to You through the Power of Coincidence I found this quote:

"When life gets confusing, stressful, or even tragic, you may wonder if God sees or cares about you. Then a coincidence or answered prayer enters your life and changes it for the better. These personal touches don’t happen just by chance. They’re messages sent directly from God to you – winks from a loving Father who wants you to know He’s watching over you."

On February 24 God winks at me every year.

No comments: